GNO (Girls Night Out) or GNI (Girls Night In) is so important for moms! We NEED our girls and some adult conversation and a chance to vent. Am I right? What to do, where to go? Always the question. I thought about it and wanted to share some of my ideas on today’s The “6″ List.
- “Slumber Party”- Dress up in PJs for an evening with friends, spend a few hours playing games like “Truth or Dare”, eating popcorn and pizza, drinking wine and gossiping. Even better, have it at a hotel and rent a room! Room service anyone?
- Fancy Tea Party – Find a local tea house that serves a full assortment of tea and goodies. My local tea room is The Blue Willow Tea Room. Dress up, do your hair and nails and spend a fancy afternoon having a “grown up” tea party! Even better, invite your moms!
- Sports Night - Dress up in your favorite team jersey, have a “game food” potluck and watch the game! Girls love sport too Even better, head out to a local sports bar or even go to see the game live!
- White Elephant Party- Best with a minimum of 6 guests but the more the merrier! Set a limit on the amount to spend on the gift. In its most basic form, the gameplay is as follows: Each participant supplies one wrapped gift. Participants determine in what order they will take turns choosing gifts. The first person opens a wrapped gift and the turn ends. The second person then chooses whether to open a wrapped gift or “steal” a previously opened gift. If a person has his gift stolen, he also has the option of choosing a wrapped gift or stealing an unwrapped one. When a wrapped gift is opened, the turn ends. When all gifts have been unwrapped, the game ends. Even better, theme the gifts! Add potluck or do this at a restaurant.
- Book Club- Always good for book lovers! Organize a monthly meeting, get together and pick a book list and questions and get started. Hold the meeting a different house each month and have a potluck. Even better, make the menu and decorations themed for each book!
- Bunco- Organize a monthly game! Host at a different house each month, door prizes, food and dress themed! 80′s night, pirate night, pick a color to wear, the themes are endless.
What are YOUR favorite ideas for a GNO or GNI?
Live, Love & Learn,