Do you like to brush your teeth? No, I don’t think anyone really does. But it is a necessary part of the day to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
I have early peridontel disease and hate to brush because it is uncomfortable.I dread the dentist (gotta have nitrous oxide) and I have yet to find a toothbrush that did the work I needed and was comfortable (AND affordable) . My dentist has been suggesting a professional strength electronic toothbrush for a LONG time but I haven’t taken that jump. Mostly because of the cost of most toothbrushes he suggested. I brush at least four times a day but do not floss as much as I should. I’m willing to put in the work and make sure I brush a lot. I’ve never had any cavities, so I have been successful in that area.
So, you can imagine my relief and level of thanks when I had the opportunity to test the Oral-B Professional Precision 1000 through ModernMom. I was hoping this toothbrush would improve the problems I was having with my gums and teeth. I needed a strong toothbrush and one that would “GET” all the yucky stuff (as the girls say)! The big baby in me was really hoping it wouldn’t hurt and actually be comfortable.
The Plan: I set aside the toothbrush I normally use (a regular old soft bristle toothbrush) and instead used the Oral-B Professional Precision 1000 two times a day following the product instructions for two weeks.
My Opinion: It was so easy to put together and really didn’t take long to charge. I love that is rechargeable (up to 2 WEEKS on a charge) and looks cute on the counter. I had been having some gum pain in the back when the box arrived and almost didn’t want to start using the toothbrush. Thankfully, I did and within a few brushes my gums really felt better. Brushing was not painful and I could feel the rotating, pulsating movements. I was impressed by how clean my teeth actually felt when I ran my tounge over them after each brushing. This toothbrush was GOOD!
I really like that you can buy different brush heads for the Oral-B Professional Precision 1000. They even have one for those with braces, wish I had that when I was a teen.
Available brush head types: Oral-B Precision Clean (included), Oral-B Dual Clean, Oral-B Pro White, Oral-B Sensitive, Oral-B Power Tip, Oral-B FlossAction, Oral-B Ortho
I have permanently switched to using Oral-B Professional Precision 1000 as my only toothbrush. I’m looking forward to seeing what the dentist says at my next visit. My daughters now want one to match mommy too! Can you say “awesome stocking stuffer!”
- Cleaning action: Provides 40,000 pulsations and 8,800 oscillations per minute
- Professional timer: A two-minute timer with 30-second intervals makes it easy to track how long you’ve been brushing
- Pressure sensor: Stops pulsations to notify you when you’re brushing too hard
- 1 customized brushing mode: Daily Clean
- Removes up to 97% of plaque from hard-to-reach areas*
- Helps prevent and reverse gingivitis
- Oral-B is the #1 dentist-recommended toothbrush brand worldwide
- Indicator® bristles: Remind you to replace your brush head every 3 months, once they’ve faded halfway
- Multiple attachment brush heads with compact, round design
- Precision Clean Brush Head: Provides a deep and thorough clean
- Charge indicator: Lets you know that the brush is charged
- Power source: Rechargeable battery
- Battery life: Up to 2 weeks without recharging
ORAL-B PROFESSIONAL CARE 1000 DETAILS
- 1 handle
- 1 brush head (Oral-B Precision Clean)
- 1 portable SmartPlug charger
2-Year Limited Warranty and Satisfaction Guarantee:
If you are not 100% satisfied within 60 days of purchase, return it for a full refund. Warranty includes replacement or repair. Consumer must ship product, postage paid, and include a copy of proof of purchase. See inside of product package for full details.
Oral-B is offering a $20 mail-in rebate on select power toothbrushes July 1 through September 30, 2012. Please visit OralB.com for more information
- Oral-B Website
- Oral-B on Twitter
- Oral-B Facebook Page
Disclosure: I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Modern Mom on behalf of Oral-B and received a product sample to facilitate my review.”
Live, Love & Learn,