Start 2013 off on the “Frugal Foot”
Welcome to HH6 & You! I rotate topics each week and feature a fellow blogger in that niche. Today, I am sharing the page with Regina S. She is sharing some great tips on being frugal and that is a topic we can all use.
About Regina: Regina Sober is the owner of The Crazy Nuts Mom and has been blogging since April 2011. She is a married mom of two children (7 year old daughter and 5 year old son). She has experience in business administration, leadership, direct sales, and public speaking. She uses her unique experiences to help others be successful, set goals and achieve their dreams.
She is passionate about helping others stretch their budget and make the most of their own lives by learning how to use coupons, get out of debt and live a full life.
About The Crazy Nuts Mom: The Crazy Nuts Mom is a family friendly website that offers information on cost savings through the use of couponing, discounts and frugal finds to help people live a fuller life within their budget, along with giving back.
The Crazy Nuts Mom also shares life as a mom with family cooking tips and recipes, gardening and life stories of being a mom and the challenges of being a parent.
Start 2013 off on the “Frugal Foot”
It’s time to dust off the coupon binder and start saving for 2013! Whether you are a new to couponing or a pro, it is important to start the year off on you frugal foot.
To effeictively save money here are some tips to help you:
- Buy more than one of an item. You should buy several of an item when it is on sale and you have a coupon. This will allow you to have a bit of a a stockpile to live on until they item goes on sale again. This doesn’t mean you have to buy cases of an item, instead buy what you might use in 4-6 months.
- Use Coupons with Sales. Buying an item when it is on sale is a great start. Buying an item on sale with a coupon is a better deal that will save you additional money and can get you the best price.
- Know the Sales Cycles. There are Sales Cycles you can follow to know when the best time of the year is to buy items (baking items the end of the year, vitamins in January, school supplies in July-August, etc. Buying these items at their lowest price then, will save you the most money.
- Get Multiple Coupons. You can buy multiple newspapers to get more than one coupon, swap coupons with friends, buy coupons (inserts or coupons) to get the coupons you want. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy the coupons you want versus the entire insert. I would not recommend buying coupons from individuals (i.e. Ebay), there could be fake coupons out there. I would use a site that sells coupon inserts and individual coupons. Using fake coupons is coupon fraud. It hurts the business who takes them as they do not get their money back and it hurts the consumer as prices of food rises to compensate the lost money due to fraud.
- Use Coupon Match Up Sites. There are coupon match up sites that take the current sales flier from grocery stores and match up the sales with current coupons to help you get the best deals. These sites help you save time as they’ve done the work for you.
Use these tips to help you get started and well on your way to saving money to help stretch your money further, take a vacation or get out of debt.
A Little More From Regina:
- Why do you blog? I was asked a lot about how I coupon and found I was telling the same story and I thought if I had a place to refer people, they could look at it when they wanted AND I could add things as I learned more. Then it expanded into sharing recipes, my love for just saving money, challenges of being a parent, reviewing products and throwing in a giveaway now and then.
- How long have you blogged? April 2011
- Do you write or blog elsewhere? I occasionally blog on the BudgetMindedBride
- Best/Worst aspect of blogging? Writers block! I sometimes can’t think of things to write!
- Advice to new bloggers: Don’t pigeon whole yourself into one topic. Find a few things you love and make them work for your blog.
- Favorite Blog/Blogger: Addicted to Recipes
- Favorite Blog website/network/etc.: http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca
- Best tip for bloggers: Write about what you love and your passion will shine!
Thanks to Regina for her great tips and advice. Please stop by her blog and read more from her and leave some love!
If you are a blogger and would like to be featured send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cooking Simply
- Cleaning & Laundry Tips
- Organization for Home & Life
- Children’s Activities
- Just for Mom
- Special Needs Families
- Military Life
Live, Love & Learn,